Annapurna Base Camp 14 Day Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking has its own trademark among the trekkers of the world. To gain actual experience of mountains and to consider oneself as a mature trekker Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is a must. It is second only to Everest Base Camp as the world’s premier trekking experience.
Annapurna Base Camp is 4130 m (13549 ft) and is set among the towering peaks of Annapurna I (8091 m – 26545 ft), Annapurna South (7219 m – 23684 ft), Machapuchhre (6993 m – 22942 ft) and Hiunchuli (6441 m – 21131 ft).
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp can be done in all seasons, although, in the winter the Base Camp can sometimes be closed due to the snow level. the best time to trek is October and November.
Annapurna Base Camp Route
The route to Annapurna Base Camp is a beautiful thing. The trek starts from Pokhara, in the northwestern corner of the Pokhara Valley, central Nepal. Trekkers witness many things on the way to Base Camp such as rhododendron forests, cliffs, waterfalls, terraced rice paddies and suspension bridges, all of which makes this trip so amazing.
Like other trekking sites of Annapurna, Annapurna Base Camp is also protected by Annapurna Conservation Area. It covers 7,629 square kilometers area. Annapurna l has an altitude of 8,091m (26,545 ft) from sea level and is the world’s tenth highest mountain.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate. Read more about Altitude Sickness »
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including Breakfasts.
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.