Mardi Himal 13 Day Trek
Mardi Himal is newly opened trekking destination. In last couple of years the flow of tourists in Nepal is increasing and due to this the government of Nepal opened Mardi Himal Trekking. It is a less crowded trekking destination in the Annapurna Region.
This trekking is best for the closest view of Annapurna south, Himchuli, Machapuchhre, Ganga Purna, Annapurna I and Mardi Himal. For Mardi Himal trekking we begin our trip from Kande. It is in driving distance from Pokhara.
It is relatively easy trail that gains elevation slowly. For the best view of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) mountain Mardi Himal trekking is best.
Situated just east of one of the most popular treks of Nepal, the Annapurna Base Camp trek, the Mardi Himal trek is a hidden gem. Few trekkers make their way to the Mardi Himal Base Camp which is at the base of Mardi Himal and the impressive Machapuchhre.
The trail goes along small winding paths, through magical rhododendron forests until you climb out of the forest at an elevation around 3,300 m. The landscape changes quite abruptly into a rugged high mountain landscape, with amazing views of Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
From High Camp (3900 m – 12,795ft) you can climb up to Mardi Himal Base Camp in about 3-4 hours, which offers spectacular close up views of the entire Annapurna Range.
There are simple guesthouses and home stays along the entire route. If you plan to do this trek in the winter months please check with Ammonite Adventure if the lodges are open.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate. Read more about Altitude Sickness »
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including Breakfasts.
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The itinerary outlined is a guide based on previous treks but many factors such as weather, local transport, local politics etc can force Ammonite Adventure to amend the itinerary.The itinerary outlined can also be customized at your request to accommodate specific needs such as group size, time constraints, physical requirements etc.