Chomalhari 12 Day Trek
Chomalhari Trek – also known as Jumolhari Trek, this intimate wilderness trek offers a great variety of trekking conditions, from remote farmland and blue pine forests, to alpine pastureland and breathtaking mountain views. It is an ideal adventure for nature lovers who are seeking a Himalayan wilderness immersion. It’s comfortable, low-impact, and absolutely amazing trekking experience.
From the ruins of Drukgyal Dzong (fortress of the Victorious Drukpas), below such beautiful peaks, you will hike through the heart of wildlife-rich. The sky-piercing peaks, thunderous waterfalls, turquoise lakes and streams, rolling meadows filled with wildflowers, remote yak herders villages, and forests of rhododendron, pine, juniper and fir provide the perfect backdrop for this inspiring and challenging adventure. You will be rewarded with up-close views of Bhutan’s most beautiful peaks.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate. Read more about altitude sickness »
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Guided city tour in Paro
- Hotel accommodation when in Paro including Breakfasts
- Tented accommodation and all required equipment during the trek.
- Drinking water for the duration of the tour.
- Briefing on the evening of Day1 with welcome drinks.
- Licensed English-speaking Bhutanese tour guides.
- Monument and museums entrance fees for all sightseeing locations detailed in the itinerary.
- Bhutan visa fees and processing assistance.
- All trekking, route and monument access permits and fees.
- Government royalty (35% of $225), which goes to the country’s health and education projects.
- All government taxes, official expenses and tourist service charges.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
The itinerary outlined is a guide based on previous treks but many factors such as weather, local transport, local politics etc can force Ammonite Adventure to amend the itinerary.
The itinerary outlined can also be customized at your request to accommodate specific needs such as group size, time constraints, physical requirements etc.