Everest Base Camp 13 Day Trek
The Everest Base Camp 13 day Trek is a dream for any trekker of the world. The Base Camp is located on south of Mt. Everest and is at an altitude of 5,364m above sea level. It is a single destination from where trekkers view many mountains including Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Cho Oyo, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and Tawache.
Lukla is the starting point for EBC Trekking and it takes around 30 minutes reach Lukla from Kathmandu by air. Lukla airport was built by Sir Edmund Hillary and it is one of the beautiful airstrips of the world located in between hills.
Trekkers follow the route of Dudh Koshi River Valley to reach Namche Bazaar. It is located at the height of 3,440m. Namche is a prime trade destination of Khumbu region where people gather for shopping daily essentials and goods related to trekking. It is also a place where people gather for social purpose. Most of the people are Sherpa here.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate. Read more about altitude sickness here »
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including Breakfasts.
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The itinerary outlined is a guide based on previous treks but many factors such as weather, local transport, local politics etc can force Ammonite Adventure to amend the itinerary.The itinerary outlined can also be customized at your request to accommodate specific needs such as group size, time constraints, physical requirements etc.