Everest Three Passes 20 Day Trek
Everest Three Passes 20 day Trek is comparatively a tough Trek as you have to go through three passes:
- – Renjo La Pass
- – Cho La Pass and
- – Kongma La Pass
This trekking package is all about testing your mental and physical endurance. All of these passes are in Khumbu Valley. Ammonite Adventure suggests you have some experience prior to Everest Three passes Trek.
Renjo La Pass
Renjo La is located to the east of Lungden and west of Gokyo at an elevation of 5,360m (17,585ft). Due to unpredictable weather conditions passing Renjo La, it is a bit challenging. Besides mountains, the view of colorful Gokyo Valley from here is the main attraction.
Cho La Pass
Cho La is reached after crossing Ngozumpa glacier. It is at an elevation of 5,420m (17,782.). To the east, the trail of Cho La meets the Everest Base Camp route. Crampons are essential while crossing Cho La as the trail is slippery and tough.
Kongma La Pass
Among all three passes, Kongma La is situated at highest level from sea– 18,159 ft / 5,535 m. Normally, trekkers attempt Kongma La after returning from Base Camp.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate.
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including Breakfasts.
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The itinerary outlined is a guide based on previous treks but many factors such as weather, local transport, local politics etc can force Ammonite Adventure to amend the itinerary.The itinerary outlined can also be customized at your request to accommodate specific needs such as group size, time constraints, physical requirements etc.