Ganja La Pass 16 Day Trek
Langtang valley and Ganja La Pass, north of Kathmandu, offers a multitude of trekking destinations. Langtang is a narrow valley that lies just below the main Himalayan range to the north Tibet Border and a slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south.
A visit to the Langtang valley offers an opportunity to explore Tibetan villages, Tamang Villages, to climb small peaks and to visit glaciers at comfortably low elevations. Kyanjin Gompa is a last Tibetan village in the valley, from where a trek starts to Helambu over Ganja La Pass (5,200 m). The pass itself is not easy. During autumn and spring the pass opens for trekkers.
Ganja La Pass
A trek over Ganja La Pass offers wilderness and adventure experiences. If you are trekking during spring, the forest on the trail is colorful and blooming full of rhododendrons. To cross from Langtang into Helambu via the Ganja La Pass is a serious undertaking requiring good equipment and experience from local guides. For three or four days there are no facilities and groups with their staff must be fully self-sufficient. Crossing the pass requires the use of technical climbing equipment and trekkers must be skilled and be prepared. The trail follows a small valley before reaching the glaciated pass where the use of ropes, crampons and ice axes may be necessary.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate.
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including Breakfasts.
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The itinerary outlined is a guide based on previous treks but many factors such as weather, local transport, local politics etc can force Ammonite Adventure to amend the itinerary.The itinerary outlined can also be customized at your request to accommodate specific needs such as group size, time constraints, physical requirements etc.