Gorkha to Pokhara 14 Day Trek
Gorkha to Pokhara 14 Day Trek is a complete package which pursues a trail that goes through the lower altitudes and passes through terraced fields and river gorges to lead to multi ethnic villages of Chhetri, Gurung and Tamang that cling to terraced mountain slopes.
The Gorkha to Pokhara Trek acquaints the trekkers with rural Nepalese communities in the Central Nepal Mountain Area. You will also have a wonderful experience of having the kaleidoscopic views of the majestic Mountains.
This trek takes you through the rough terrain with high ridges and deep river valleys all the way to Begnas Lake and Rupa Lake which is located near to Pokhara. Gorkha to Pokhara Trek is also known by alternative names as Gorkha Trek, Gorkha Trekking, Cultural trek in Nepal and Gorkha Treks.
Gorkha to Pokhara Trek initiates from a picturesque six hours drive to Gorkha and ends at Pokhara from where you will drive back to Kathmandu. The road from Gorkha to Pokhara is the ancient one (built in 18th C) which links western part of Nepal to the Central Nepal. A walk of 25 kilometers from the main highway connecting Pokhara and Kathmandu will bring you to ancient Gorkha.
It is highly preferable that this trek be done in late September to early October when the terraced fields are studded with rice plants.
When trekking above altitudes of 9,800ft (3000m), it is important to ascend at a rate that allows your body to adjust to the lack of oxygen available in the air you breath. Often known as AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Altitude sickness is the number one cause of illness on high treks.
As for most trekking companies, Ammonite Adventure trekking packages allow for slow ascent and acclimatization days where appropriate.
Included In Package
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including Breakfasts.
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The itinerary outlined is a guide based on previous treks but many factors such as weather, local transport, local politics etc can force Ammonite Adventure to amend the itinerary.The itinerary outlined can also be customized at your request to accommodate specific needs such as group size, time constraints, physical requirements etc.